For over 10 years, Synergy Medical has been providing proven and reliable technology for blister card automation, now used daily for over 200,000 lives. We are dedicated to the design, manufacture, service, sale, support, and innovation of the SynMed® System. Since our first installation in January 2008, there have been hundreds of SynMed® installations in retail drugstores, long-term care institutions, and in pharmacy chains that have centralized their blister card production service (Central Fill operations). Our clients are found throughout Canada, the United States, and in Europe. Synergy Medical software engineers are continuously working to upgrade our technology, and our team is specialized in pharmacy automation, resulting in a customized turnkey solution for you. We pride ourselves on the close relationships we have formed with our customers – this allows the Synergy Medical team to evolve and ensure we provide the optimal solution for our pharmacy partners.
SynMed® is an automated dispensing system for solid oral medications in both single-dose and multimed blister packs. Our solution guarantees flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency.
• SynMed® will integrate with your existing pharmacy management software, and interface with your eMAR systems.
• SynMed® can adapt and interchange between both single-dose (bingo cards) and multi-dose blister packs (adherence packaging). SynMed® is compatible with 40+ blister packs so it easily adapts to each unique environment; that means pharmacies can automate with the blister card(s) their customers prefer to receive.
• SynMed®’s patented pick and place technology minimizes cross contamination and ensures minimal maintenance is required.
• SynMed®’s vast store of containers optimizes automated production; these containers are easily calibrated on-site, at no cost and with no time wasted.
The system’s accuracy is 99.98%, as compared to manual production where one can expect a 5-10% error rate. Barcode scanning and on-screen guidance ensure secure production. Biometric scanning tracks responsibility.
No automation is comparable to the flexibility and output of SynMed® ULTRA; with two operators, your pharmacy will produce:
• 100+ multi-dose cards per hour.
• 200+ single-dose cards per hour.
The SynMed® generated label has a number of unique, customizable features that will improve patient outcomes, and enhance customer loyalty and retention. Your pharmacy can market this output to community patients, assisted living, retirement homes, and LTC facilities, all of whom highly value these label features:
• Color coded for time of administration.
• Pictogram option representing time of administration.
• Bold, large font print further ensures proper medication adherence.
• Patient picture ensures medication delivery to the right patient.
• Medication images provide accuracy assurance, facilitate checking, and change management. In summary, SynMed®’s flexibility with single and multi-dose card formats, easily calibrated medication containers, high production rate, and unique compliance label with patient picture and drug images, are all unique differentiators vs. other blister automation technologies. There is a SynMed® solution for all volumes of production: SynMed® XF, SynMed® ULTRA for high volume environments, and SynMed® Assist for guided manual production.
“We now produce cards for our 1,500 patients one full day before our delivery date and three full days before the patient’s actual start date. Production requires fewer FTEs, allowing us to perform more MTM related activities.” — Barry Klein, M.S., R.Ph, Klein’s Pharmacy “The accuracy of using SynMed automation is incomparable to manually filling cards. Automation is great for acquiring more business, and affords time for ensuring accuracy when filling calendar cards.” — Melissa Gilkison, Pharm D., Auburn Pharmacy