RXinsiderâ€™s Pharmacy Technician Training & Orientation is a no-nonsense training program for anyone interested in a career within the pharmacy profession. The program focuses on basic skills and understanding while minimizing training burdens on the existing pharmacy staff. RXinsiderâ€™s Pharmacy Technician Training & Orientation is the perfect starting point for cross-training front store pharmacy personnel, training new pharmacy staff or self-directed training for individuals interested in becoming a pharmacy technician.
Can you decipher the following prescriptions?
Can you read the drug names?
Can you calculate how long the prescription should last?
Can you read the directions?
â€¦you will after completing RXinsiderâ€™s Pharmacy Technician Training & Orientation program.
- Four comprehensive and relevant modules
- Unlimited online access 24/7
- Assessment quiz & certificate of completion
- Affordable investment
By completing the training program, trainee should:
- have an idea of what a typical Pharmacy Technician's duties will entail.
- gain general and basic knowledge of a typical retail pharmacy and its operations.
- feel less overwhelmed and stressed during the first few weeks of employment.
- prove to future employers their commitment to becoming part of the pharmacy team.
- gain an edge on any other applicants for a particular pharmacy position.
- save time and frustration during the in-store training process.
- determine whether a career in pharmacy may be the right fit.
- NOTE: This program is NOT intended as a study guide for the PTCB Exam.
- General Pharmacy Information
- Sig Codes/Abbreviations
- Brand-Generic Name Recognition
- Prescriber Handwriting Recognition + Dayâ€™s Supply Calculations
- Self-Assessment Quiz
General Pharmacy Information
- 42 basic pharmacy topics includingâ€¦
- What is a generic drug?
- What is patient confidentiality?
- What is an NDC number?
- What is a controlled substance?
- More than 50 of the most common abbreviations
- Roman numerals
- Common drug abbreviations
- Full sig codes
Brand & Generic Drug Name Association
55 of the most common brand name drugs and their generic names
Presented in flash-card format
Prescriber Handwriting Recognition
- 60 examples of doctor handwriting samples taken from
- Presented in flash-card format
- Calculation of the dayâ€™s-supply
24 basic assessment questions
Multiple choice format
Certificate of completion awarded