For many independent pharmacies, finding ways to increase their profitability in the new year is a main priority. However, pharmacies are facing significant threats to their bottom line, including:
• Increasing operating costs
• Upcoming regulatory changes
• Rising DIR fees and claw backs
• Shrinking payor reimbursements
In fact, sometimes just maintaining profitability can be challenging enough. To help, BestRx offers features and integrations that ensure you are maximizing your reimbursements – and in some cases, add new revenue sources as well.
Here are three ways BestRx can help you grow your pharmacy profits:
1. Pre and Post Editing (PPE) Services
In partnership with CoverMyMeds provides pharmacies with access to their PPE program. Once enrolled, the program works behind the
scenes in the BestRx software, checking each claim for errors. This includes verifying whether:
• The most current AWP is submitted for reimbursement.
• An appropriate DAW code is used for multisource brands.
• The daily dose and quantity dispensed is within the Maximum Allowable Daily Dose.
Essentially, the program acts as a second set of eyes, providing you with claim validation and recommendations. This not only helps prevent errors and maximize reimbursement, but it increases your productivity as well. Read More >>